2017 will be the year of the runs 🏃💩 for me
What does that mean?
- To extend or persist, statically or dynamically, through space or time.
- (intransitive) To extend in time, to last, to continue (usually with a measure phrase).
- The sale will run for ten days. The contract runs through 2008. The meeting ran late. The book runs 655 pages. The speech runs as follows: …
I am going to run at least 1 mile (though often more than that) every day for 2017. I am not going to have just a run of runs I am hoping to:
- Run at least a mile
- Cycle at least three miles
- Continue my Duolingo Welsh streak: https://www.duolingo.com/plodtv
Continue my Free Code Camp streak: https://www.freecodecamp.com/plod
Commit to github daily: https://www.github.com/plod
I will/have started some of these runs (streaks) before 2017 but the important pledge is that from the 1st of January = until the 31st of December I will have an unbroken run of these things.
This is going to be very difficult to juggle. I think the cycling part maybe the bit that falls hardest by the wayside. To combat this I have signed up for the Audax uk Mileater Award for the year http://www.aukweb.net/results/mileater/.
I am going to use this to record my mileage for both running and cycling.
We have also sorted out a strava club for those who are doing just the running part of this challenge: https://www.strava.com/clubs/yearoftheruns
I am also hoping to get my favourite instagram picture of the weeks activitys printed and inserted into the diary. This is a new challenge for me, and it will be a challenge to complete next year. Here’s to challenging ourselves 🍺.
And now I’ve tweeted it in the public domain I’m tied to doing it.